Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Is It About Men, Power and Their D*cks?? And, I Don't Mean Ducks.

I had originally written this story about Gov. Mark Sanford of SC who supposedly went on a hiking trip but was actually in Argentina with his mistress.  His wife divorced him and now I hear he's marrying the "other woman".  Now I'm going to rewrite this because of the ever salacious news about Gen. David Petraeus.Paula Broadwell  I certainly can understand an older man being attracted to a younger woman who, apparently, could keep up with his stamina...Ok. Who came on to whom hasn't been stated.  She was ready, as she entitled his book, to go "All In".  After listening to some of the news, there seems to be military "groupies". Never would have thunk it. The crux of the biscuit, though, is that he didn't HAVE to have the affair, but yet he did.  It was his choice.  Petraeus  had everything to lose with this affair, status, power, family and loss of integrity.  Oh but he's just another guy who had an affair. No biggy.   Is it really that important?  When you're head of the CIA, you really don't need to think with your d*ck.  As one commentator said," Since when do generals take orders from their privates?"  Now there are conspiracy theories running rampant about all kinds of stuff. You've got the President defending this person and that person, all kinds of  misinformation regarding Benghazi, are you tainted enough so that your congressional testimony can't be believed, and/or were you set up to take a fall... Petraeus, remember when someone bought a full page ad in the NYT and called you "Be-traeus"?  Well, I'm just going to call you a 4*-d*ckhead.  I appreciate everything you've done for your country, but really, under military law, you could have been court marshaled.   Ever hear of Mata Hari, who spied for the Germans during WWI? She was Dutch, slept with British officers and sold their info to the Germans. Hey, it COULD be possible. Read more...


But, back to men, power and their d*cks. My dear sainted grandmother used to tell my sister and I to remember one thing about men-they can't kept "it" in their pants. (As Elaine said on Seinfeld, "he whipped 'it' out).   We were embarrassed at the time but soon came to believe she was right. I love men. I really do. They're some of my favorite species on earth-right along with cats and orchids. But there is just something about being in power that makes them think they are omnipotent. They really do become narcissists. As the apartment manager with the bad hair on Seinfeld said about Jerry, "It's all about me, me, me". Here is just a partial list of men in the last few decades, that we know of, who have had their "dirty laundry" come to light:

Gen. David Petraeus
Sen. John Ensign
Gov. Mark Sanford
Sen. John Edwards 
Sen. Larry Craig
President Bill Clinton
Sen. Mark Foley
Gov. Elliot Spitzer
Gov. John McGreevey
US Rep. Gary Condit 
Mayor Rudi Giuliani
US Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich
Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
Sen. David Vitter
Sen. Gary Hart
and the infamous Sen. Wilbur Mills (most of you are too young to remember that one) Fanne Foxe
And of course, the philandering Presidents of Kennedy and Johnson.

We need a good figurative hurricane (uh oh.  I sound like Chris Mathews) to come blasting through our political arena and wash the place clean. Start from scratch. Get these yahoos to learn they work for the American people and to look after OUR welfare and not their own. And I'm sick and tired of "I'm sorry". Reminds me of the Brenda Lee song:

I'm sorry, so sorry, That I was such a fool, I didn't know, Love could be so cruel, Oh, oh, oh, oh, Uh-oh , Oh, yes, You tell me mistakes, Are part of being young, But that don't right, The wrong that's been done...

No comments:

Post a Comment