Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tires and Sex

NOT sex with tires but tires and sex.  Ok then. What in the world are you talking about Hairball?  Let me tell you a little story that will clarify, anger, and amuse.  Back in the mid-80's I took a great trip to Tokyo, Hong Kong and Bangkok.  This little story takes place in Bangkok. Wat Arun  Thailand is a fascinating and beautiful country.  Buddist temples on street corners with some of the most beautiful women in the world, thousands and thousands of orchids and phenomenal hotels and incredible cuisine.  And, sex.  Before the Vietnam war, there was very little sex trade in Thailand.  It became a favorite R and R spot for the troops and then Bangkok (an appropriate name I guess)  became known for its sex trade. Read more...
 So, on with the story.  I'm staying in a nice 4 star hotel.  One evening I notice a bus pull up in front of the hotel.  A large group of men staying at the hotel got into the bus and drove off.  I didn't think a thing about it.  A business meeting I guessed.  The next day my group toured the King's palace and I happened to notice a very gorgeous guy.   Hey, I was divorced and had not yet met the love of my life.  Anyway, I sort of sauntered over and found out the guy was from Portugal and he's in Thailand for an incentive trip.  He owns a large tire manufacturing company and he was there with his 50 biggest clients.  Paid for by the tire company.  And they're staying at our hotel. Be still my beating heart.  Because this guy was GORGEOUS (have I mentioned that already?)  That night he asks me to dinner.  So with others from my group and his, we proceeded to hire tuc tucs, small motor cycles with seats attached to the back.  This mode of transportation is not for the faint hearted.  Zooming in between the endless traffic, thick exhaust, horns screaming...It was so much fun!  But back to the story.  At dinner (at that time I was a travel agent always interested in incentive trips), I asked him about his trip.  He didn't really want to tell me anything but with me being the persuasive person I am, I got him to talk.  His group was funded by a large tire company and the incentive was...drum roll please...a SEX TRIP!  You read right oh gentle reader.  The tire company paid for, each night,  a different sex act to be performed on said incentive winner in select brothels.  I think I spit out my wine.  That's what the bus was doing each night coming to the hotel to pick up the winners to take them to brothels.  My dinner companion explained that they were having some problems because most of the guys in the group were older and were having, ahhemm, difficulties.  One guy even had a heart attack.  Well, let's just say that that ended my evening with my gorgeous Portuguese.  I just kept wondering what HE had been doing all the nights he was there...Yuck.  After I got home I did a little research and found that for European and Asian countries these types of trips were not uncommon.  So, Rolando, if I sell 1000 tires...

No comments:

Post a Comment